Is this supposed to disaply the URL from a Page Viewer web part?

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM
I was under the impression that this web part would allow me to display the URL of Page Viewer web part that I had on the same page. I have a web part page, I added a Page Viewer web part pointing at http://www.google.com and then added this on top of that. I checked the box to display URL and nothing happened. It didn't show anything.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is this not the intent of this add on?

Thanks-
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2009 at 2:27 AM
That's not the intent of this web part - this *is* a Page Viewer web part.  You don't use it with another Page Viewer web part.

The intent of this web part is to allow it to be connected to another web part that provides data via a connection, and the values from that connection can be substituted into the URL, making the URL "variable" depending on the values the other web part provides.

If this web part is not connected to anything, it won't display anything because it doesn't do anything until values are provided to it via the connection.

The option it has to display the URL only displays the URL it has in its own configuration, after values from the connection are substituted in to it.  (That option is mainly useful for debugging.)