Not opening in page viewer

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

I have installed the web part, added a link list and the Connected page viewer to a page. However when I clock on a link it just redirects the entire page to the URL rather than showing it on the viewer. I have set the Connected page viewer URL to {1} and ticked to connect to links list.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Did you connect the Links list web part to the Page Viewer web part?

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM

I'm not sure how to do that, can you explain?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 2:39 PM

On the page with the web parts, click Site Actions -> Edit Page.

On the Links web part, click the "edit" button in the web part title bar to pop up the web part actions menu and choose Connections -> Provide Row To and select the Page Viewer web part.

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Thanks I have now connected them, but it still opens in the entire window rather than the viewer?

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I have got a bit further, it now shows "The website cannot display the page" and URL: {1} above this.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM

OK, it's working now, thanks for your help.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Onestreet,

Do you remember what made this start to work? I've successfully installed and configured it but I get an error still.

Regards,

Per

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Per, did you try setting the option to display the URL?  That will show you what is getting passed in by the connection (if anything).

Sep 30, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Yes thanks, it showed "{1}".

What ended up working was changing it to "{URL}". E.g. using the column name instead of the positional parameter. Not sure why {1} didn't work.

Per